Do you want an easy, effective, and fast solution to improving the appearance of your tooth? If so, Dr. Alan J. White happily provides dental bonding in Staunton, Virginia.
Dental bonding is the process of placing a tooth-colored material onto your tooth to reshape and recreate it. It is a great option that can be considered when:
- You need to repair a decayed tooth
- You need to fix a chipped or broken tooth
- You need to disguise a severely discolored tooth
- You need to close any spaces between your teeth
- You need to make a tooth look longer
- You need to change the shape of a tooth
- You need to protect a portion of a tooth’s root after it has been exposed
The process involved with dental bonding is quick and easy. Your dentist will first choose a color of material that closely matches the color of your natural teeth. Then, he will roughen the surfaces of your tooth and will apply a conditioning liquid to it to help the material bond to the tooth. Your dentist will then apply the resin material to the tooth and will shape and mold it until it is the right shape and size. Next, he will harden the material with a special light and will continue to trim and shape it until it holds the perfect appearance. This entire process generally takes 30 to 60 minutes at our office and will end in your beautiful tooth.
To learn more about dental bonding, call us now!