Although getting food on your teeth is a common obstacle when fighting your way to optimal oral health, some foods that have been proven to actually improve it. Here are some supportive tips for eating in such a way that will enhance your smile:
– Avoid snacking between meals. This can lead to increased exposure to dental damage like tooth decay and gum disease.
– In order to keep your oral health steady, chew sugarless gum after meals. This will assist in washing away food particles and ease the upsurge of saliva production, which neutralizes harmful acids and helps prevent cavities.
– Some food minerals are proficient in making teeth stronger and healthier, namely calcium and phosphorous, which are commonly found in cheese, nuts, milk, and numerous meats like chicken.
– Crunchy, watery foods like celery, pears, and apples can wash away food particles and facilitate the production of saliva, which can neutralize harmful acids.
– Foods with a high acidic content should generally be avoided, as they can significantly contribute to dental erosion and gum disease.
To plan a professional cleaning and exam at Dr. Alan J. White, D.D.S. with Dr. Alan J. White and our team at our dentist office in Staunton, Virginia, simply give us a call at 540-886-1979. We look forward to hearing from you.