Not all smiles demand extensive repairs, but if they do, laser dentistry may be able to assist you. Thanks to the precision of lasers, they have been frequently used in a variety of dental procedures since the early 1990s. Depending on your oral health care needs, lasers can prepare your teeth for extensive procedures, or even assist in the whitening of your teeth. For more information about laser dentistry, consider the following:
– One of the most often used treatments for lasers is with cosmetic dentistry and the application of teeth whiteners. Lasers can trigger specialized gels designed to whiten your teeth and brighten your smile.
– If your gums around your teeth experience any problems or hinder the function of your teeth, they can easily be burned away and removed to clean up your smile.
– To prevent bacterial contamination, lasers can assist in treating gums and tissue around teeth that need to be prepared for root canal treatments.
– Lasers can eliminate canker sores, zap away painful lesions on your gum tissue, and even remove a small amount of tissue for a cancer biopsy.
– Cavities can be eradicated with laser dentistry. Lasers zap away the decay and clean teeth for the preparation of fillings to be introduced in the holes left behind.
For additional help with laser dentistry, Dr. Alan J. White and our team at Dr. Alan J. White, D.D.S. are here to give you the smile you desire. If you would like to schedule an appointment to come see us at our dentist office in Staunton, Virginia, please contact us at 540-886-1979 to speak with a member of our team. Come see us, and let us show you the benefits of a great smile!